August 28, 2015 by CJTF-OIR Release # 20150828
Military Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On Aug. 27, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted seven airstrikes using bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 13 airstrikes coordinated with the government of Iraq using attack, bomber, fighter, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Aleppo, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Ar Raqqah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL checkpoint.
• Near Al Hasakah, one airstrike struck an ISIL ant-aircraft artillery piece.
• Near Kobani, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Washiyah, three airstrikes struck one large and two small ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Bayji, two airstrikes destroyed three ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL vehicles and an ISIL IED.
• Near Habbaniyah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL light machine gun and an ISIL building.
• Near Haditha, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building and an ISIL motorcycle.
• Near Kirkuk, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
• Near Kisik, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL excavator and an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL mortar firing position and destroyed an ISIL checkpoint.
• Near Ramadi, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Sinjar, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL fighting positions and two ISIL light machine guns.
• Near Tuz, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL VBIED.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.
commenter cet article …