September 6, 2015 by CJTF-OIR Release # 20150906
Military Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On Sep. 5, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted four airstrikes using bomber, fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 17 airstrikes coordinated with the government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Mar’a, three airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL bulldozer, an ISIL excavator, an ISIL front end loader and an ISIL VBIED.
• Near Tal Abyad, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Bayji, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and terrain features denying ISIL a tactical advantage and destroyed four ISIL buildings.
• Near Fallujah, five airstrikes struck three ISIL staging areas and destroyed an ISIL building and an ISIL bunker.
• Near Hit, two airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL homemade explosives cache.
• Near Kisik, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Mosul, three airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit, an ISIL training facility and an ISIL rocket firing position and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Sinjar, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
• Near Tuz, three airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed 26 ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL weapons caches and an ISIL VBIED.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.