October 6, 2015 by CJTF-OIR Release # 20151006-01
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Oct. 5, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted seven strikes using bomber, fighter, and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 17 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, fighter-attack, ground-attack, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hasakah, five strikes struck four separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive device (VBIED), five ISIL buildings, and an ISIL checkpoint.
• Near Dayr Az Zawr, one strike struck an ISIL crude oil collection point.
• Near Manbij, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
• Near Al Huwayjah, three strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL fighting positions and suppressed an ISIL mortar position.
• Near Habbaniyah, one strike destroyed an ISIL weapons cache.
• Near Mosul, one strike destroyed an ISIL tactical vehicle.
• Near Ramadi, nine strikes struck six separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL VBIED, four ISIL buildings, ten ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL heavy machine gun, an ISIL excavator, two ISIL mortar positions, an ISIL IED compound, three ISIL homemade explosive (HME) facilities, an ISIL house borne improvised explosive device, an ISIL HME cache, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
• Near Sinjar, two strikes destroyed six ISIL bunkers.
• Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike suppressed an ISIL mortar position.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.
commenter cet article …