October 13, 2015 by CJTF-OIR Release # 201510013-01
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Oct. 12, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted three strikes using bomber aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 11 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hawl, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and two ISIL vehicles.
• Near Abu Kamal, one strike destroyed an ISIL crude oil collection point.
• Near Dayr Az Zawr, one strike destroyed an ISIL crude oil collection point.
• Near Al Huwayjah, two strikes struck two separate tactical units and destroyed six ISIL bunkers and two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Bayji, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building and an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Habbaniyah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL weapons cache.
• Near Mosul, one strike suppressed an ISIL heavy machine gun position.
• Near Ramadi, four strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed five ISIL fighting positions, six ISIL buildings, an ISIL sniper position, two separate ISIL command and control nodes, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
• Near Sinjar, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL tactical vehicle, and an ISIL heavy machine gun.
• Near Tal Afar, one strike suppressed an ISIL heavy machine gun position.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.