November 07, 2015 by CJFT-OIR Release # 20151107-01
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Nov. 6, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted five strikes using bomber, fighter, and attack aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 15 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, and attack aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hawl, two strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position, seven ISIL structures, and three ISIL trenches.
• Near Dayr Az Zawr, one strike struck an ISIL petroleum storage tank.
• Near Mar’a, two strikes destroyed an ISIL excavator and an ISIL logistical facility.
• Near Fallujah, one strike destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Kisik, one strike destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Mosul, one strike suppressed an ISIL rocket position.
• Near Ramadi, four strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL rocket propelled grenade position, an ISIL weapons cache, four ISIL vehicle borne improvised explosive devices, six ISIL heavy machine guns, 11 ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL tunnel, an ISIL tactical vehicle, an ISIL anti-tank weapon, two ISIL buildings, damaged one ISIL building, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
• Near Sinjar, six strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed six ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL heavy machine gun, an ISIL light machine gun, an ISIL weapons cache and suppressed two ISIL mortar positions.
• Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun and an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Tal Afar, one strike suppressed an ISIL mortar position.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.