November 08, 2015 by CJTF-OIR Release # 20151108-01
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Nov. 7, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted 12 strikes using bomber, fighter, attack, ground-attack, and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 19 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, attack, ground-attack, and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Al Hasakah, three strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Al Hawl, six strikes struck five separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed 16 ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Mar’a, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL fighting position and wounded an ISIL fighter.
• Near Washiya, one strike destroyed an ISIL supply cache and damaged an ISIL cave.
• Near Albu Hayat, one strike struck a large ISIL tactical unit and destroyed eight ISIL buildings and an ISIL command and control node.
• Near Mosul, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL checkpoint.
• Near Qayyarah, one strike struck an ISIL staging area.
• Near Ramadi, four strikes destroyed an ISIL weapons cache, an ISIL tactical vehicle, an ISIL building, suppressed movement of five ISIL tactical vehicles, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
• Near Sinjar, eleven strikes struck five separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL assembly areas, 21 ISIL fighting positions, three ISIL light machine guns, and three ISIL vehicles.
• Near Sultan Abdallah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun and an ISIL fighting position.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.