November 16, 2015 by CJTF-OIR Release # 20151116-01
Military Strikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA- On Nov. 15, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted 10 strikes using attack, fighter, and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 13 strikes coordinated with and in support of the Government of Iraq using bomber, fighter, remotely piloted aircraft, and rocket artillery against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Abu Kamal, one strike destroyed 116 ISIL fuel trucks.
• Near Al Hasakah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Al Hawl, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed five ISIL buildings and an ISIL vehicle.
• Ar Raqqah, one strike struck an ISIL storage depot.
• Near Ayn Isa, three strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL tactical vehicle, an ISIL vehicle, two ISIL fighting positions, and wounded an ISIL fighter.
• Near Mar’a, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions.
• Near Palmyra, one strike struck an ISIL staging area.
• Near Al Baghdadi, two strikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL heavy machine gun and an ISIL home-made explosives cache.
• Near Albu Hayat, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Fallujah, one strike destroyed an ISIL building.
• Near Kisik, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Qayyarah, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL weapons cache.
• Near Ramadi, five strikes destroyed six separate ISIL command and control nodes, damaged an ISIL building, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
• Near Sinjar, two strikes struck a large ISIL tactical unit and destroyed four ISIL vehicles.
Strike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Iraq include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom, and the United States. Coalition nations which have conducted strikes in Syria include Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S.