Warsaw - 22 April, 2015 by European Defence Agency
Polish Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of National Defence Tomasz Siemoniak and EDA Chief Executive Jorge Domecq met on 20 April to exchange views about the preparation of the European Council in June 2015. They also discussed Poland’s participation in EDA projects and ways to support the Polish defence industry with an emphasis on small and medium sized enterprises.
“Poland is a driving force of defence cooperation within the European Defence Agency. It participates in all of our key capability programmes: air-to-air refuelling, cyber defence, governmental satellite communications and remotely piloted aircraft systems. Additionally, Poland is heavily involved in many of our research and technology initiatives.
The focus of all our activities is to improve national defence capabilities as well as to support the European defence industry. Security of supply and support to the European defence technological and industrial base (EDTIB) are key aspects of our strategic autonomy. We are therefore keen on understanding the needs and working with the Central and Eastern European defence industries”, said Jorge Domecq during his stay in Warsaw.
The visit in Poland also provided the opportunity to meet with the Secretary of State Czesław Mroczek and representatives of the Military Institute of Armament Technology. It is part of a series of visits by Mr. Domecq to all EDA Member States following his appointment as EDA Chief Executive and ahead of the Ministerial Steering Board on 18 May 2015. So far, Mr. Domecq visited Spain, Lithuania, Latvia, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, Portugal, the Netherlands, Ireland, France, Romania, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Croatia and Estonia.
Copyright picture: Polish Ministry of National Defence, mjr Robert Siemaszko
- News "Jorge Domecq meets Estonian Minister of Defence" (20 April 2015)
- News "Meeting with Croatian Defence Minister in Zagreb" (17 April 2015)
- News "Slovenia welcomes Jorge Domecq" (15 April 2015)
- News "EDA Chief Executive visits Czech Republic" (13 April 2015)
- News "Jorge Domecq in Bulgaria to discuss defence cooperation" (8 April 2015)
- News "EDA Chief Executive travels to Romania" (8 April 2015)
- News "EDA Chief Executive meets French Minister of Defence" (30 March 2015)
- News "Jorge Domecq exchanges views with Irish Minister of Defence Simon Coveney T.D." (25 March 2015)
- News "EDA Chief Executive visits The Netherlands" (23 March 2015)
- News "Discussions on European defence in Portugal" (19 March 2015)
- News "Jorge Domecq meets German Secretary of State" (19 March 2015)
- News "Belgium and EDA discuss future defence cooperation" (18 March 2015)
- News "Jorge Domecq in the UK for cooperation talks" (25 Feb 2015)
- News "Latvia and EDA discuss cooperation opportunities" (19 Feb 2015)
- News "EDA Chief Executive visits Lithuania" (17 Feb 2015)
commenter cet article …