September 14, 2015 by CJTF-OIR Release # 20150914
Military Airstrikes Continue Against ISIL Terrorists in Syria and Iraq
SOUTHWEST ASIA – On Sep. 13, coalition military forces continued to attack ISIL terrorists in Syria and Iraq. In Syria, coalition military forces conducted four airstrikes using fighter and remotely piloted aircraft. Separately in Iraq, coalition military forces conducted 18 airstrikes coordinated with the government of Iraq using attack, bomber, fighter, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft against ISIL targets.
The following is a summary of the strikes conducted against ISIL since the last press release:
• Near Dayr Ar Zawr, two airstrikes struck an ISIL crude oil collection point and destroyed an ISIL excavator.
• Near Kobani, one airstrike destroyed an ISIL artillery piece.
• Near Mar’a, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
• Near Al Huwayjah, one airstrike destroyed three ISIL trenches.
• Near Bayji, four airstrikes struck one large and two small ISIL tactical units and destroyed six ISIL buildings, three ISIL vehicles, an ISIL ant-aircraft artillery piece and an ISIL structure.
• Near Fallujah, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL bunker.
• Near Haditha, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL motorcycle.
• Near Kisik, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit and an ISIL staging area and destroyed an ISIL excavator and an ISIL fighting position.
• Near Mosul, three airstrikes destroyed two ISIL trenches, an ISIL bulldozer and an ISIL vehicle.
• Near Ramadi, two airstrikes destroyed four ISIL weapons caches, an ISIL armored personnel carrier and an ISIL VBIED.
• Near Sultan Abdallah, one airstrike struck an ISIL sniper firing position.
• Near Tuz, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
Airstrike assessments are based on initial reports. All aircraft returned to base safely.
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group's ability to project terror and conduct operations. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Iraq include Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Netherlands, United Kingdom and United States. Coalition nations which have conducted airstrikes in Syria include Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and the U.S.
commenter cet article …